Saturday, July 31, 2010

In lieu of a To-Do list: an I-Did list.

This week I researched:
  • Verbs used in Bloom's taxonomy. (I was setting an exam paper.)

  • Making inferences. (Apparently it's a reading skill that needs to be taught. Who knew?)

  • Weird laws all over the world. (It was connected to a text we read in class.)

  • Free presentation software. (Prezi is cool, but web-based -- you'll need to purchase the software to run it off your hard drive.)

  • Teenagers and their cellphone usage. (Had to come up with survey questions for a student research project.)

  • The efficacy of praise and compliments. (Write-up's on my official blog... no link. If you don't know the URL, ask me.)

  • Using comics to teach English. (In preparation for showing a bunch of workshop participants how to make a comic strip using an online comic strip generator.)

  • Techniques to be employed in the bedroom for maximum marital happiness. (Kind of an accident, I stumbled upon one article, and with the Web, one always leads to another...)

  • Mother Teresa's dark night of the soul. (Needed to reference it in a blog comment!)

  • Salon.com's Open Salon opportunity to write on the site. (Would bring more exposure but not sure how my stories would fit, as I'm not American. But damn, some good writing there.)

  • Copyright notices and Creative commons licences. (I really wanted to use that onion picture two posts ago.)
No wonder I feel like I've been going at breakneck pace all week. *pants*

No comments: